Cengage Learning Product Manager, Biology in San Francisco, California
As a Product Manager, you are accountable for the performance of your assigned portfolios, including the development the strategic vision and plans for your portfolios and overseeing the execution of those plans, from the conceptualization to the delivery of highly valuable products for that portfolio. Achieving success and exceeding strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth are priorities.
You'll also be tasked with the responsibility for maximizing the value of your product lines and are accountable for the overall performance your portfolio. You'll be responsible for a discipline/product cluster P&L and for leading an aligned product team to meet or exceed business targets. You will manage authors, content development, production, manufacturing, marketing, and sales staff to ensure successful launch and positioning of your product line to the marketplace.
Through market analysis, you'll develop the product strategy for a defined portfolio, identifying growth opportunities, performing segmentation, and determining business objectives. As part of our Product Management team, you're expected to be the market expert in your assigned product line, the competitive landscape, and how the product line can evolve to fully meet the needs of end users. This position reports to the Product Team Manager.
• Responsible for overall strategic vision and plan for product lines and the entire portfolio in order to achieve or exceed strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth.
• Manage a profitable P&L and develop a strategic business plan for assigned portfolio.
• Understand, analyze, identify, define, and size market segments and sub-segments associated with the assigned portfolio.
• Anticipate discipline and industry trends, with a focus on digital learning solutions grounded in a market knowledge gained through data-driven market research.
• Initiate new customer-focused solutions that have strong value propositions, meet demonstrated market needs, and provide unique competitive advantage.
• Serve as visionary, project leader, and advocate for the portfolio within the company and for customers.
• Manage product lifecycle of multiple products simultaneously within scope and budget.
• Concrete experience in tracking and analyzing all product activity that affects portfolio, including any competitor movement.
• Experience in testing product ideas within segments, through focus groups, advisory boards, reviews, customer meetings and sensing as appropriate.
• Experience in analyzing product and portfolio plans to align forecasting and measurement of progress towards goals; provide business case for investment decisions. Suggest and monitor production budgets and schedules.
• Partner closely with Marketing and Sales teams to seed and secure new and existing business.
• Drives strategy on pricing, business model strategies, and setting business goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years relevant and successful product management/development, marketing, or sales.
• Passion for using data, user research and business cases to drive decisions
• Outstanding communication skills
• Flexibility to work within corporate and entrepreneurial environments
• Ability to inspire and execute new and innovative ideas, methods, processes, products and services
• Strong business analytical skills
• Strong financial acumen
• Must have ability to travel as much as 50% during the selling seasons
• MBA or equivalent experience
• Product management experience
• Experience with agile development processes and recurring release cycles
Job Locations US-MA-Boston | US-CA-San Francisco
Posted Date 3 weeks ago
Requisition ID 2017-3800
Job Function Product Management